New perinatal mental health and addictions e-learning course
Coming July 2023
The Maternal Mental Health Service in New Zealand stocktake report released in 2021 noted several key findings including;
- An increasing complexity of need and unmet need and concern that service delivery is inequitable
- Cultural models of care need to be strengthened
- There are gaps in the continuum of care
- There is a need to support and grow the wider maternal mental health workforce
- Eligibility criteria to access maternal mental health services require a live child
As one of a number of recommendations, the report proposed that more training and education be provided to healthcare providers.
Whāraurau, a national provider of infant, child and youth mental health training and development, has been funded by the government to provide this training and have partnered with PADA – Perinatal Anxiety & Depression Aotearoa to develop a series of e-learning modules.
This perinatal mental health and addictions e-learning course will be launched in July 2023 and will be free to access.
If you are interested in finding out more, please complete this expression of interest form.