Ngā Tūranga Wātea | Vacancies
Working or volunteering for PADA means that you get to join an organisation that is championing awareness and facilitating best practice in perinatal mental health and wellbeing to ensure all families have access to appropriate information and support in Aotearoa New Zealand. We work hard to bring our training seminars and resources across Aotearoa with no regular Government funding and we rely solely on the generosity of everyday New Zealanders to ensure we can continue to deliver those services.
If you are interested in volunteering your services, or apply for one of vacancies, please email us: [email protected]z
The vision and mission of PADA is to eliminate the stigma around perinatal mental health in Aotearoa New Zealand by championing awareness and facilitating best practice in perinatal mental health and wellbeing to ensure all families and whānau have equitable access to appropriate information and support.
Increasing proportions of the population are being diagnosed with perinatal disorders, even where social circumstances are improving. There are many more stressors and strains on mental health, generally relating to the increased pace and complexity of life. When someone is in good mental health they experience positive emotions, positive interest and engagement with the world around them, and meaning and purpose in their lives. Evidence suggests that people who are in good mental health are less at risk of physical and mental health problems and have better social relationships and outcomes. Studies indicate that in countries comparable to Aotearoa only a minority of the population is flourishing. Flourishing through developing positive mental health is a challenge, but a benefit for all.
PADA continues to develop strategies that eliminate the stigma of perinatal illnesses at a national level to ensure all whānau receive appropriate care and support that improves their mental health. We want to set targets to improve our collective mental wellbeing. There is no health without mental health. Increasing awareness will drive social change with a goal towards improving the quality of care for all people experiencing all types of perinatal anxiety and depression and will reduce the stigma of perinatal mental illness.
General Manager | Kaiwhakahaere Matua
Te Whanganui-a-Tara Wellington
Te mate Tuatea, me te mate Pōuri o Aotearoa | Perinatal Anxiety and Depression Aotearoa (PADA) is looking for a multi-talented person who has experience in leading not-for-profits and understands the opportunities that this brings.
- Leading the delivery of PADA’s strategic priorities, alongside the Board
- Developing and leading PADA’s core, and new services
- Identifying, developing and maintaining key strategic partnerships
- Being the public face of the organisation
- Developing and maintaining strategic relationships with the Board
Key Success Factors:
- Organisational leadership and being the primary spokesperson for the organisation.
- In collaboration with the Board, develop PADA’s strategic direction and organisational growth through developing partnerships, funding and/or projects.
- Ensure organisational policies are in place, adhered to and updated as necessary.
- Lead a small and dedicated team to operationalise PADA’s vision.
- Work with the Board to ensure that the organisation meets all legal requirements of an Incorporated Society.
- Establish and maintain relationships within mental health communities, and other relevant stakeholders, communities or organisations.
- Working with Board members to look for opportunities to advocate for improvements to support systems for whānau experiencing perinatal mental distress.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key donors, including personal, philanthropic, and business/corporate.
- Identify and nurture relationships with new and existing funders.
This is a part-time permanent role, 15 hours a week, ideally on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday, with flexible working hours. If you have a warm and friendly can-do attitude and enjoy being part of a small team then you’ll fit right in.
To learn more or for role specific information email: [email protected] or call us on 04 461 6318 / 021 024 82123. Email your cover letter and CV to Denise Graham, Acting General Manager.