Maternal Mental Health – Taranaki District Health Board
Community Mental Health
Taranaki District Health Board
Private Bag 2016
p. 06 753 6139 Extn: 8545
- Psychiatrist, psychologist and support staff
- Women who are experiencing severe mental illness related to pregnancy or post natal period up to one year. Women who have had previous severe PND/psychosis/anxiety/ PTSD.
- Consult/Liaison for existing MH clients with regard to medication during pregnancy/postnatal period.
- Assessment; social work; psychiatry; individual psychotherapy (psychology).
- Group Work (run a 12 week psycho/education CBT focussed group); education, training and support for local health professionals
- Triaged by Intake Co coordinator for Community Mental Health. Initial assessment completed in consultation with MMH team and discussed at weekly MDT. Allocated to team member as agreed upon in meeting.
- Referrals accepted from GPs, Obstetricians, Midwives, and Well Child providers (as long as GP is aware and involved in care).
Online PND Recovery Course – Mothers Helpers provides an online 10 week Perinatal Depression/Anxiety Recovery Course. All mums who have completed the course can go on to have therapy with your facilitator – a registered/qualified counsellor, social worker, life coach or mental health nurse. Click here for more information about the course
Phone: 0800 002 717 or 022 093 1822
Perinatal Mental Health Services
Tui Ora provides a free service to assess and treat pregnant mothers or those who have given birth and have experienced mental unwellness, serious mental health problems or alcohol or drug addiction.
We liaise with whānau to develop comprehensive care plans as well as linking with other services related to mental health and addiction.
Ph 06 759 4064